Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wait, what do you mean by "it's October tomorrow"?!

Hello Everyone!
So let me just start off this email by saying that today I am officially freaking out. I don't know if I stepped into a wormhole, or if the Doctor pulled me onto the TARDIS while I was sleeping, but time has gone way too fast! Let me clarify a little: First off, my little sister, Aubree, turns 18 tomorrow. Freak man, I don't want to believe it. I can not accept that my little sister will be an adult tomorrow. I know half of you reading this will laugh at me, but I feel old now. Which leads me to thing number 2: I turn 20 in 55 days. 55 days, people. Can anyone say "crazy"? It's really funny: I've been working with these Swedish high school students, and you know, I'm thinking, ok, it's nice to be with so many of my peers. Then I take a step back and actually realize how old these guys are. These kids are like 4 years younger than me! My mind was blown away. Truly, life goes fast.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, I just marked my 8th month on my mission last week. It feels like it just started, and now I'm 1/3 of the way through. Time, I command you to stop moving so fast. Seriously, I mean it.
Anyways, I thought I would take a second to more properly recognize my sister's birthday. Aubree, I love you so flipping much, and I want you to know that you are amazing. I know that you are doing an awesome job being an example to all those around you, and I hope that you know that. So, Happy 18th, Sis!
Ok, so about the missionary work. Well, to be honest, not a ton has happened. Skellefteå is still Skellefteå. English group rolls forward. Pancake night, by the way, was a wonderful success, even though my pancakes turned into these weird half American/ half Swedish hybrid pancakes. this week we're doing an activity called "What'd You Say?"; I can't quite explain it, but it'll be awesome.
One thing worth mentioning: we got a new investigator! His name is A_____, and he's a wonderful man from the Congo. He is really excited to read the Book of Mormon (in French), and he just has this wonderful positive spirit. Let me tell you, though, it was really interesting teaching him. We come to his apartment, and he opens the door, and the first thing I see is 4 chairs sitting in the hallway, waiting for us. I guess his apartment is kinda small for his family (I counted 5 people in an apartment that would comfortably fit 2), so we were pretty cool with talking in the hallway. It was actually a nice change of scenery for once; usually, the only time I see someone's hallway is right before they say they're not interested and shut the door in our faces. =P Nah, I'm kidding. They very politely shut the door in our faces. =)
Anyways, that's life right now. Just soldiering on. It will be harder now: our wonderful Zone Leader, Äldste Dalton, was whisked away to the other side of the country (Malmö). I must say, I will miss him and his Irish tin whistle, but I have no inclination of joining him down there. They speak skonish (the bad birth child of Swedish and Danish) down there, and it's hard enough understanding one skonish guy (Äldste Knutsson), let alone being surrounded by it. No, I'm glad that I am standing safe in Norrland.
So yeah, I love you all, and I hope you have an awesome week!
Until Next Time,
Äldste Kody Christopher Ogaard

No comments:

Post a Comment